MYROLE RTM1- Featured GrASS on 25 Jan 2011, 330pm

GrASS's Product Video

For more information on our products please visit our product site: CLICK HERE

We Need YOUR HELP

Dear Friends,

We here at GrASS need your help to help us gather the below mentioned items to help us raise funds for our shelter and other independent pet rescuers.

The items are:

Scrap Paper
Old Newspapers
Old Magazines
Unwanted uncooked/raw Acidic Fruits ( Oranges, pineapples, lime,lemons)
Unwanted uncooked/raw fruits
Unwanted uncooked/raw Vegetables
Brown Sugar
Rice Bran
Red Earth
Glass Jars/Plastic containers with lids
Cardboard boxes (any other cardboard materials)
Aluminium Cans
Expired Food Products

For more ways on how or what items you can donate to help please visit HERE


Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Article: Spell out the actions

HAVING read the feature Earth Day, Every Day (StarTwo, April 7), I truly agree that it’s time to act, if we really want to save the Earth.

With global warming a current reality, we have, as some parties have predicted, less than 100 months to take drastic action before the effects of our wanton consumption of the Earth’s resources will cause permanent and irreversible damage to the planet.

However, I feel that the appeal for Malaysians to sign the Green Generation Manifesto will be largely ineffective as the manifesto, though designed with noble intentions, will be ignored because of the vague nature of the responsibilities.

The manifesto should have statements that are more specific and leave nothing to the imagination. Some suggestions:

· I will not throw rubbish anywhere, except in rubbish bins. I will especially not throw rubbish out of a moving car.

· I will not treat the Earth as my ash tray.

· I will separate household rubbish into kitchen waste, garden waste and recyclable waste, and then recycle them.

· I will bring my own cloth bags to the hypermarkets. I will not accept more than two plastic bags from the hypermarkets each time I shop there.

· I will campaign for all forest reserves to be protected from any development.

· I will not use rivers, streams and neighbourhood drains as my dumping ground and sewage system.

· I will campaign for the banning of shark’s fin soup in all restaurants.

· I will not drive a car to work if I am alone in the vehicle.

· I will use only fans while sleeping and switch off air-conditioners at 3am.

· I will turn off the tap while brushing my teeth.

· I will suggest to government officials not to wear new batik shirts for every function they attend, but to re-use old ones.

· I will wash my car using pails of water and not with a hose. I will campaign for car washes to be banned in petrol stations.

· I will bring my own containers every time I buy food. I will not accept plastic and polystyrene containers from food vendors.

· I will not shower for more than five minutes.

· I will report any buses or trucks belching black smoke.

· I will boycott timber companies.

The above examples illustrate active responsibilities that will force Malaysians to do some good. Just telling Malaysians to “green his home or school” will not work.

Tam Y.S.
Petaling Jaya

No comments: