MYROLE RTM1- Featured GrASS on 25 Jan 2011, 330pm

GrASS's Product Video

For more information on our products please visit our product site: CLICK HERE

We Need YOUR HELP

Dear Friends,

We here at GrASS need your help to help us gather the below mentioned items to help us raise funds for our shelter and other independent pet rescuers.

The items are:

Scrap Paper
Old Newspapers
Old Magazines
Unwanted uncooked/raw Acidic Fruits ( Oranges, pineapples, lime,lemons)
Unwanted uncooked/raw fruits
Unwanted uncooked/raw Vegetables
Brown Sugar
Rice Bran
Red Earth
Glass Jars/Plastic containers with lids
Cardboard boxes (any other cardboard materials)
Aluminium Cans
Expired Food Products

For more ways on how or what items you can donate to help please visit HERE


Sunday, August 23, 2009

Article: My strong, furry saviour

Sunday August 23, 2009

A broken heart mends in many ways and for this writer, it took a faithful canine to make her smile again.

TO lose someone dear to you is part and parcel of life but when that happens unexpectedly, it's something hard to accept.

Suddenly your life comes to a standstill and you feel lost like a helpless child.

I have always been a very independent person, until that fateful night when the world seemed to come crumbling down in a thousand of pieces. Suddenly everything seemed dark and small. For the first time, I cried so openly and unashamedly.

There were so many unanswered questions – especially "why me?''. The days and nights seemed so long and slowly, loneliness crept in and I realised I was so alone.

I never knew loneliness could be so awfully painful. At times, in the still of the night with the cool breeze playing with my hair and carressing the tear drops on my cheek, memories flashed back and I wondered – would I find happiness again?

Life was never going to be the same and decisions had to be made.

After many sleepless nights and much hesitation and consideration, I took the bold step to move from a small town to a big city. I tried hard to put the past behind and pray for the best. Then I met him ...

We first met in November 2007. It was not love at first sight. He was hostile, noisy and I had doubts if he would be happy sharing the same house. At first, he gave me that look of uncertainty and I wondered if I had made the right choice to move in.

Anyway, as fate would have it, we shared the same house without so much as talking to each other. At that time, we both had doubts about each other. As life had to go on, I carried on with my daily routine without much thought to his existence.

At times, I could feel his glare from a distance despite his attempts to avoid eye contact with me. When the opportunity arose, I tried to reach out to him but he still kept his distance and would not respond to my friendliness.

I did not give up and I knew that one day, with my patience and gentleness, I would win over his friendship and trust.

Everyday, without fail, I would say "Hi" and "Good morning" even though there was no responce.

Days passed ... then one day, I heard a very soft and gentle sound when I passed by him. My heart missed a beat – was that him?? As quick as lightning, I turned around and there he was, sitting and looking at me with such an adorable set of eyes.

I had finally gained his trust and without much hesitation, I reached out to him.

He was so gentle and we just sat there looking at each other. Being shy and still a little doubtful, he sat quietly and listened attentively while I talked to gain more of his trust.

Since that day, he is the first to greet me the minute he sees me. We will have a quick and short exchange of greetings.

He will, without fail, watch me from the gate as I wave goodbye before rushing off to work and again, he will be there to greet me when I come back.

In no time, we became best buddies and the one I could count on.

My most-guarded secrets, embedded in the deepest ocean of my heart, were transferred to his heart. When times were bad and I felt down, he would be there to comfort me. Like my personal bodyguard, he took pride in protecting me wherever we went.

When I had to be away, the joy he displayed when he saw me was uncomparable.

Life is now full of joy and fun and the loneliness has been swept away. We spend so many wonderful times together just sitting and watching the world go by or just going for long walks – just Major and me.

Now that I have my new-found furry friend and companion, what more could I ask for?

This page is for stories that are heart-warming or thought-provoking. If you have an original one to share, write, in not more than 900 words, and e-mail it to starmag-heart@thestar.com.my. Include your full name, IC number, address, and contact phone number. Contributions without these details will not be entertained.


This article was taken from: The Star Online:Lifestyle: Focus 23 August 2009

No comments: