MYROLE RTM1- Featured GrASS on 25 Jan 2011, 330pm

GrASS's Product Video

For more information on our products please visit our product site: CLICK HERE

We Need YOUR HELP

Dear Friends,

We here at GrASS need your help to help us gather the below mentioned items to help us raise funds for our shelter and other independent pet rescuers.

The items are:

Scrap Paper
Old Newspapers
Old Magazines
Unwanted uncooked/raw Acidic Fruits ( Oranges, pineapples, lime,lemons)
Unwanted uncooked/raw fruits
Unwanted uncooked/raw Vegetables
Brown Sugar
Rice Bran
Red Earth
Glass Jars/Plastic containers with lids
Cardboard boxes (any other cardboard materials)
Aluminium Cans
Expired Food Products

For more ways on how or what items you can donate to help please visit HERE


Friday, January 23, 2009

View: Verbally abused just for walking his dogs

I WALK my dogs every day. Both the dogs and I enjoy the walk; it is good for me and for my dogs too. I am glad my dogs “demand” I walk them every day.

Contrary to what people normally assume, we walk because we need the exercise and not because we treat the public area as toilets.

I bring along some papers as well as plastic bags in case they do their business. I will properly position the paper as soon as they show any inclination to do their business so that their faeces does not even touch the ground.

But that does not deter some neighbours from hurling abusive words at me; some cross their arms and stare at me in an offensive manner; some throw stones at my dogs. One of the neighbours even wanted to run over me and my dogs with his car though we were walking at the edge of a quiet road.

One of them threatened to put rat poison if ever we stepped on a grass patch, which is more than 15ft from his fence. But this person has no qualms about fencing up the public grass patch with flower pots and putting benches around to declare it is his compound (complete with pergola).

For those who still cannot accept why people insist on walking their dogs, I suggest they read some dog care books to learn about dog health issues. Maybe perhaps they will understand why people have to spend so much time and effort to walk their dogs.

Finally, how about practising some loving kindness towards these animals (dogs as well as cats) whose well-being is totally at our mercy, and stop treating them as needles in your eyes?

DOG WALKER,
Kuala Lumpur.

This article was taken from: The Star Online: News: Opinion 23 January 2009

No comments: